Windows 8 slowly is progressing towards its final release. Windows 8 Developer Preview is already available for download and I will try it soon. Those who were anxiously waiting for Windows 8 can now test it on their systems and I am one of them. But the question is; what is Windows 8 minimum system requirement?
Well this has been into discussion for a long time whether Windows 8 would be compatible for currently Windows 7 running machines? Or, even more what will be specific hardware requirement for Windows 8. If you think you have to upgrade to run Windows 8 then you are wrong. If you have the following minimum hardware then you can easily run Windows 8 on your system.
Windows 8 System Requirement
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver (Not absolutely necessary; only required for Aero)
- Multi-touch display for using the touch based functions
So, if you have the above mentioned hardware then you can smoothly run Windows 8 on your system.